Cactus is looking for a
Public Relations Director /
Cactus is seeking an experienced Public Relations professional to lead the agency’s in-house PR efforts. The PR Director plays a senior role within the agency, defining and guiding the agency brand, while executing strategic PR campaigns to grow the agency’s visibility within the advertising industry.
This person is digitally savvy; able to define, direct and execute high-impact PR campaigns; is a self-starter, with the ability to direct and execute PR efforts with minimal guidance and support; thrives on the frenetic pace that comes with working at an advertising agency.
- Develops and maintains an efficient, profitable PR department that helps further the business goals of the agency and the agency’s clients.
- Administers agency policies and procedures within the PR department, and works with agency management to help maintain a desirable working environment throughout the agency.
- Develops systems and procedures within the department to effectively and efficiently serve its clients.
- Develops a departmental budget and oversees expenditures.
- Reports to agency president and directors on status of client relations, problems, and opportunities.
- Searches out and develops new business opportunities for both the agency and department, Develops new business strategies including proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Supervises key accounts, including the agency itself, and supervises PR account supervisors and account executives in the management of their accounts.
- Develops an understanding of the agency’s accounts and clients in order to add value to the agency’s work, and solve problems.
- Provides public relations counsel to the agency and its clients.
- Reviews all PR proposals and budgets before submission to clients.