Comms Planner /
Comms Planning is essential to the game-changing work we produce at Cactus. Being able to reach the right people at the right time with the right message is critical to our success and ensures that all of our insights, smarts, creative and production work is paid off by connecting with consumers in a powerful way. We view every touch point with consumers as an opportunity to create an impression, build a relationship, convert a transaction and encourage loyalty. Our agency aspires to get every drop out of our clients’ owned, earned and paid channels and ensure that all channels are working together in a cohesive, consistent and effective system. The work of our comms team connects brands to consumers and it also seamlessly integrates the work of our strategy, account, creative, and media teams.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of all traditional media with a concentration on digital. The right person will get how digital media fits into a broader communications framework and will be equally comfortable talking about traditional media and other upper funnel tactics. They will understand the importance of integrated marketing communications to support conversion, acquisition and loyalty. This person will understand how to take audience personas and build intuitive consumer journey maps, messaging matrixes and tactical communications plans.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in an environment of high ambiguity and strong options, able to present comms planning in a way that will bring it alive for the agency and for clients, able to disagree without being disagreeable, and able to show how media gives creative ideas an extra dimension. It’s a high profile role, working across multiple departments, both on existing accounts and new business, but because the media environment is changing so rapidly, it is a role that is more about passion than seniority. If you have a passion for this type of thing, love sharing that knowledge, while learning from others, we believe this will be your dream job.
The Comms Planner is responsible for the day-to-day management of the paid media planning and buying team. Included in this responsibility is ensuring that the quality of the teams output is kept at the very highest standard and is consistent with the agency’s broader vision/mission. In addition to the day-to-day management of the team, the comms planner is also responsible for continuing to refine the overall quality of strategic and tactical thinking that shapes the department’s work while encouraging a positive, supportive and efficient work environment.
• Day to day management of the Paid Media Team.
• Build and maintain an effective, respectful and rewarding work environment for the paid media team.
• Monitor team’s work to ensure highest standards of professionalism and expertise.
• Work with the Executive Team to ensure the correct allocation of paid media resources, both human and technical, to ensure activity is delivered for optimum ROI (for client).
• Train and mentor media staff.
• Responsible for the development of all comms plans across accounts.
• Define and refine the look, feel and effectiveness of the paid media team’s overall strategic output.
• Work with planning team to develop innovative and effective paid media strategies for our clients.
• Integrate closely with brand strategy/account management department to ensure every opportunity to define and prove the value of comms planning for our clients.
• Evaluate and identify an effective department wide approach to campaign analytics as they relate to paid media activity.
• Track and oversee day-to-day department finances as well as monitor client billing and work with VP Finance to resolve any billing related issues.
• Ensure close integration with brand and account teams.
• Develop clear processes to ensure a smooth and collaborative working relationship with the production and digital teams.
• Work with new business team to provide necessary comms channel expertise on relevant new business.
• Evaluate and recommend new comms planning, media technologies / partnerships.
• Assess and oversee the digital media team and evaluate relationships with digital partners.
• Assist in the development of a clear vision, mission and subsequent goals for media department.
• 7+ years media agency / department experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management position.
• Excellent oral presentation skills.
• Able to comprehend and then communicate complex communication based concepts and theories.
• Experience in overseeing the development and execution of integrated media in support of a client’s strategic business objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities, management and organizational skills.
• A proven ability to manage multiple projects / deadlines and provide clear direction and mentorship in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge and experience developing integrated campaign analytics utilizing a range of data resources is important.
Accepted file types: jpg, pdf, png.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.